Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, all Osteopathy practices have had to make adaptations to the way they operate, which once in place, will continue for the foreseeable future.
The focus of these changes is to ensure that Osteopaths practice safely and effectively, whilst optimising patient care.
Information and Government policy and guidance to manage the current public health crisis continues to evolve, meaning that definitive answers to some questions may not always be available.
However, current guidelines state that all Osteopathy clinics:
• Must have undertaken a risk assessment of the working environment
• Must ensure effective infection prevention and control measures have been put in place and are being followed, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Heightened clinic hygiene and infection control protocols now in place at the Osteo Maestra clinic:
All soft furnishings, towels, plinth covers have been removed from the treatment room
New wipe clean pillow cases replace the previous fabric covers
Disposable couch roll to cover the plinth and pillows will be changed after each patient
Hand sanitiser >60% alcohol is available, and must be used by each patient upon entry to the treatment room
After each session the treatment plinth, pillows and chairs will be sanitised with a high quality bleach-free disinfectant with a 70% alcohol content. This product has been selected due to it’s high-quality effectiveness. It will not stain your clothing.
After each treatment session the floor, desk, door handles will be disinfected with a bleach solution
After each treatment session the room will be left vacant for 20 mins with the door and windows fully open, to allow a through flow of air allowing sufficient ventilation and air exchange, in accordance with The General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) and iO (Institute of Osteopathy) guidelines.
Due to the close contact nature of manual therapy, before each and every treatment session your Osteopath will change into a fresh clinic tunic to avoid cross-contamination from the previous appointment
All clinic uniforms will be washed after each daily clinic session at 60 degrees C.
Before and after every appointment session, your Osteopath will carry out thorough personal hand-washing and hand sanitisation protocols
All of these protocols are now in place to keep you AND your Osteopath safe
The symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) are often very mild. Though some people can feel very unwell.
The main symptoms of Covid 19 are:
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with Covid 19 have at least one of these symptoms.
If you develop ANY of these symptoms prior to your Osteopathy appointment, please CALL TO CANCEL:
Sophia Wellness Centre reception : 950 44 94 51 (Mon-Fri 8am – 2pm. Sat 8am – 12 noon)
Ree (WhatsApp message or call) : 621 20 93 80
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
Loss or change in taste or smell
Please DO NOT attend the clinic
If within the last 14 days you have knowingly been in close contact with a person who is known to have the Covid-19 virus…..Please DO NOT attend the clinic
*If you arrive at the Osteo Maestra Osteopathy Clinic and appear to be suffering with any of the above symptoms, it is at the discretion of the Osteopath to decide whether or not you will be seen. You may be required to reschedule your appointment
ALL patients entering the Osteo Maestra Osteopathy clinic MUST be wearing a suitable face mask which covers both the mouth AND the nose.
What to expect at your appointment:
1. Please attend your appointment alone (unless a chaperone is essential and has been preauthorised)
2. Please arrive at your appointment time and not earlier. This will minimise your waiting time in the reception area, decreasing your exposure time to other individuals.
3. Please aim to bring only the essentials into the treatment room with you. Bags, gym towels and other items should be left in your the car/at home wherever possible.
4. Please wear a suitable face mask which covers both the mouth AND the nose. You will be required to wear your mask for the duration of your appointment. Please do not remove it until you have left the building.
5. On entering the clinic please use the hand sanitiser provided.
6. Your Osteopath will be wearing a face mask.
7. Please wear comfortable clothes, such as shorts/leggings and a vest top/T-shirt so that you may be treated wearing the clothes you arrive to the clinic in. (The towelling plinth cover has been removed to comply with heightened hygiene control measures, therefore you may be more comfortable remaining clothed for your treatment).
8. Please bring the correct money with you to your appointment. Change will not be given.
9. You may notice that some treatment techniques which you are used to, will not be performed during your appointment. These techniques are known as AGP’s (aerosol generating procedures) and carry an increased risk of infection spread, due to their nature of involving a powerful exhalation which can create a powerful droplet spray to be emitted by the mouth and/ or nose.
These infection control measures are in place to protect you, your Osteopath, and ALL other Osteo Maestra patients, some of whom fall into the ‘vulnerable’ category.
Osteo Maestra respectfully requests that ALL patients attending the clinic abide by these new safety measures.
Thank you for your kind understanding.