We Are Open…
The OsteoMaestra Clinic is a primary health Care facility and, as such, is fully authorised to remain open, in order to provide the care and treatment that our patients need during the current crisis. As a patient you are allowed to cross borders, free from restrictions, in order to attend your clinic appointment. If your home address means you do need to cross borders, simply let us know and your appointment confirmation will allow us to generate an authorisation document for you to carry.
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, all Osteopathy practices have had to make adaptations to the way they operate, which once in place, will continue for the foreseeable future.
The focus of these changes is to ensure that Osteopaths practice safely and effectively, whilst optimising patient care.
Information and Government policy and guidance to manage the current public health crisis continues to evolve, meaning that definitive answers to some questions may not always be available.
However, current guidelines state that all Osteopathy clinics:
• Must have undertaken a risk assessment of the working environment
• Must ensure effective infection prevention and control measures have been put in place and are being followed, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Heightened clinic hygiene and infection control protocols now in place at all Osteo Maestra clinics:
All soft furnishings, towels, plinth covers have been removed from the treatment room
New wipe clean pillow cases replace the previous fabric covers
Disposable couch roll to cover the plinth and pillows will be changed after each patient
Hand sanitiser >70% alcohol is available, and must be used by each patient upon entry to the treatment room
After each session the treatment plinth, pillows and chairs will be sanitised with a high quality bleach-free disinfectant with a 70% alcohol content. This product has been selected due to it’s high-quality effectiveness. It will not stain your clothing.
After each clinic session the floor, desk, door handles etc. will be disinfected with a bleach solution
Due to the close contact nature of manual therapy, before each and every treatment session your Osteopath will change into a fresh clinic tunic to avoid cross-contamination from the previous appointment
All clinic uniforms will be washed after each daily clinic session at 60 degrees C.
Before and after every appointment session, your Osteopath will carry out thorough personal hand-washing and hand sanitisation protocols
All of these protocols are now in place to keep you AND your Osteopath safe
The symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) are often very mild. Though some people can feel very unwell.
The main symptoms of Covid 19 are:
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Unexplained skin rash
Most people with Covid 19 have at least one of these symptoms.
If you develop ANY of these symptoms prior to your Osteopathy appointment, please CALL TO CANCEL:
Ree (WhatsApp message or call) : 621 20 93 80
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
Loss or change in taste or smell
Unexplained skin rash
Please DO NOT attend the clinic
If within the last 14 days you have knowingly been in close contact with a person who is known to have the Covid-19 virus…..Please DO NOT attend the clinic
*If you arrive at an Osteo Maestra Osteopathy Clinic and appear to be suffering with any of the above symptoms, it is at the discretion of the Osteopath to decide whether or not you will be seen. You may be required to reschedule your appointment
ALL patients entering an Osteo Maestra Osteopathy clinic MUST be wearing a suitable face mask which covers both the mouth AND the nose.
What to expect at your appointment:
1. Please attend your appointment alone (unless a chaperone is essential and has been preauthorised)
2. Please arrive at your appointment time and not earlier. The period directly before your appointment is necessary for cleaning/ventilating the treatment and consultation rooms in accordance with government guidelines.
3. Please aim to bring only the essentials into the treatment room with you. Bags and any unnecessary items should be left in your car/at home wherever possible.
4. Please wear a suitable face mask which covers both the mouth AND the nose. You will be required to wear your mask for the duration of your appointment. Please do not remove it until you have left the clinic.
5. On entering the clinic please use the hand sanitiser provided.
6. Your Osteopath will be wearing a face mask.
7. Please wear comfortable clothes, such as shorts/leggings/jogging pants and a vest top/T-shirt so that you may be treated wearing the clothes you arrive to the clinic in. (The towelling plinth cover has been removed to comply with heightened hygiene control measures, therefore you may be more comfortable remaining clothed for your treatment).
8. Please bring the correct money with you to your appointment. Change will not be given.
These infection control measures are in place to protect you, your Osteopath, and ALL other Osteo Maestra patients, some of whom fall into the ‘vulnerable’ category.
Osteo Maestra respectfully requests that ALL patients attending the clinics abide by these new safety measures.
Thank you for your kind understanding.